Subject: Important Update — Big Sur River Run and Park Closure
Dear Big Sur River Run Followers and Participants,
We want to keep you informed about the status of this year’s event.
Due to the Timber and Plaskett Fires, the Pfeiffer State Park where the run is held remains closed at this time. We have been given to understand that it is expected to reopen before the event, but nothing is confirmed yet.
We recognize that many of you need definitive information to plan travel, lodging, and logistics. With that in mind, the Board has set October 8th as a decision deadline. If we do not have official confirmation that the park is open by that date, we will follow up with all of you immediately with further information and next steps.
This event directly benefits Big Sur Fire and the Big Sur Health Center, two organizations that are especially vital to our community right now, so we are very hopeful that we will be able to hold the race this year.
We appreciate your patience and understanding, and we’ll keep you updated as soon as we know more.
Thank you,
Sharon L. PetrosinoWilson
Kendra Morgenrath
Co Directors
By 5 am Thursday morning, Big Sur is supposed to get 1/2” to 1” of…
Please see the attached notice for the Big Sur Byway Organization meeting, which is scheduled…
Date:Wednesday, October 20, 2026District:05 – Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Monterey, San Benito, and Santa…
NO Kings: Vote Early! Rally in Monterey, Saturday, October 17, 2-4 pm at Window on…
Community Information from Supervisor Kate Daniels: To prepare for upcoming winter weather, Supervisor Daniels will…
This website uses cookies.
View Comments
I sure hope for everyone involved that they open the park in time for your decision. I’m rooting for you!