RIDE 2 RECOVERY CHALLENGE MOVES THROUGH CENTRAL COAST NEXT WEEK
CENTRAL COAST – The Ride 2 Recovery Bicycle Challenge will move through the Central Coast next week and will result in moving closures on the following portions of the state highway system:
· Sunday, Oct. 18 – Riders will use State Route 9 in Santa Cruz County between Redwood Gulch Road and Encinal Street.
· Monday, Oct. 19 – Riders will use State Route 1 from Jensen Road in Santa Cruz County to State Route 68 in Monterey County.
· Tuesday, Oct. 20 – Riders will use State Route 1 between Carmel in Monterey County and San Simeon in San Luis Obispo County.
· Wednesday, Oct. 21 – Riders will use State Route 1 from San Simeon to Pismo Beach in San Luis Obispo County.
· Thursday, Oct. 22 – Riders will use State Route 1 from Pismo Beach to State Route 246 near Solvang in Santa Barbara County.
· Friday, Oct. 23 – Riders will use State Route 246 in Solvang, State Route 154 near San Marcos Pass, State Route 1 in Carpinteria and
US Highway 101 towards Ventura County.
The California Highway Patrol (CHP) will be present to ensure a safe condition for everyone.
Caltrans reminds motorists to move over and slow down when driving through highway construction zones.