Mud Creek (PM 8.9) – MUD CREEK HAD A MAJOR SLIDE/SLIP OUT AT 9:30 PM, SATURDAY, MAY 20—IT LOST MILLIONS OF CUBIC YARDS OF MATERIAL AND REMAINS IMPASSABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Paul’s Slide (PM 21.6)— Paul’s Slide (PM 21.6)—ACCESS FOR LOCAL RESIDENTS AND DELIVERY VEHICLES ONLY THROUGH THIS FRIDAY, JUNE 2 ONLY.
AS WORK NEARS THE NARROWEST SECTION OF ROAD AT THIS LOCATION, WE ANTICIPATE INCREASED SLOPE INSTABILITY ABOVE THE ROAD AND AN INCREASE IN MOVEMENT OF SLIDE MATERIAL AND ROCK. CALTRANS NEEDS TO FULLY CLOSE THE ROAD DURING THIS PERIOD (SATURDAY, JUNE 3 THROUGH TUESDAY, JUNE 6) TO ENSURE PUBLIC SAFETY. WE ANTICIPATE RESUMING NORMAL HOURS OF LOCAL/DELIVERY ACCESS ON WEDNESDAY, JUNE 7. ANOTHER UPDATE WILL BE PROVIDED MID-DAY ON MONDAY, JUNE 5.
IMPORTANT NOTE: THE ROADWAY THROUGH PAUL’S SLIDE CAN CLOSE DOWN AT ANY TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE . CALTRANS NEEDS TO CONTINUE RE-ASSESSING THE SITUATION AND DETERMINE WHETHER LOCAL ACCESS CAN REMAIN THROUGH PAUL’S SLIDE.
· 12:00PM Monday / Wednesday / Friday– A single caravan south and a single caravan north, you must be in line by noon! There may be up to 45 minute delay to clear the road before the opening.
· Delivery vehicles (Restriction is 30 feet maximum length and 50,000 lbs. maximum weight) can now use all access windows 7 days a week.
· Access times for the morning and evening are still the same except for Friday:
5:30AM to 6:00AM and 7:00PM to 7:30PM – Sat.-Thurs.
· Friday’s hours will be shortened to:
5:30AM – 8:00AM and 6:00PM to 7:30PM
· The noon opening will be for PAUL’S SLIDE ONLY, (NOT MUD CREEK); you will need to use Nacimiento-Fergusson Road to exit the coast.
The targeted “public access” date of early July needs to be re-assessed with recent activity, public opening date could be pushed further
Paul’s Slide photos: