|Tuesday, March 24, 2020|
We hosted our first virtual Hot Topics meeting last night to share information about the County of Monterey’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic and our Shelter in Place Order. We were joined by over 100 Monterey County residents who received brief updates from our County Chief Administrative Officer Charles McKee, County Health Department Director Elsa Jimenez, and Emergency Operations Center staff Kelsey Scanlon.
The video (which began recording after the meeting had started) of our Hot Topics meeting has been posted online at https://youtu.be/EjxckI3soIE. Supervisor Jane Parker – Virtual Hot Topics
Meeting Summary of resources shared in the Virtual Hot Topics meeting:
• County COVID Website – www.mtyhd.org/covid19
• Daily Situation report, (public distribution list sign up on right corner of screen)
• To receive updates regarding COVID-19 in Monterey County, text MCCOVID19 to 888777.
• To receive updates regarding COVID-19 in general, text Coronavirus to 211211.
• Health Department Hotline (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm). Call: 769-8700 or 755-4521
• COVID-19 Economic Assistance Hotline (Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm). Call: 796-1909
• Montage Health Virtual Care Option Free for all community members experiencing mild respiratory symptoms.
• Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System – COVID-19 Hotline 755-0793 (7am – 11pm)
• General Information call 2-1-1 (please be patient – 30 minute wait time)
• Sign Up for Jane Parker’s Email Newsletter – https://mailchi.mp/janeparker/parkerreport
• Additional Questions about coronavirus and the shelter in place order can be sent to email@example.com
Trusted Sources of Information
Monterey County Health Department – www.mtyhd.org/covid19
California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
California Department of Public Health
Centers For Disease Control (CDC)
World Health Organization (WHO)
2-1-1 Monterey County information and referral hotline.
Due to the “Shelter in Place” Order, my office is closed to the public. However, my staff and I are all working from home, coordinating essential County services, and responding as quickly as we can to calls and emails from the public.
You can reach my team by calling us at 831-883-7570 or emailing us at
District4@co.monterey.ca.us. If we don’t answer please leave a message so that we can get back to you. For general questions about COVID-19 or the Shelter in Place order you can also call 211 or visit the County COVID-19 website.
This is an unprecedented time, and we are all working together to navigate new challenges. Please take good care of yourself and check-in (remotely!) on your friends, neighbors, and loves ones. Thanks for your vigilance, please check in on your neighbors and support one another, and stay healthy.
Monterey County Board of Supervisors, District 4