Rain Rocks Update, 3/29/12

3:00 – Cal-Trans expects to be able to open to one-lane traffic, with 15 min. delays, daylight hours only, starting tomorrow, Friday, 3/30. Weekend delays are expected to be longer.

This morning’s update from Cal-Trans states that it will be another 24 hours for an update and an perhaps they will have an idea about how long the closure will last. Cal-Trans geologists, construction, and maintenance crews are on site repairing the roadway, assessing the slide, placing netting, etc. So, tomorrow, we should know more. At this time, there is still no anticipated date of opening.

South Coast rumor (and sometimes it is accurate) is that there is another large boulder “hanging.” If true, Cal-Trans may work on getting that out of the way today.

Great weather coming up for today and tomorrow, and then another storm expected Saturday. I received 1 and 1/2 inches on Saturday, while Big Sur Valley reported 2 – 2 and 1/2 inches. The next storm (Monday or Tuesday) brought me another inch. But today, and tomorrow, I am going to enjoy the weather and do some painting.

2 thoughts on “Rain Rocks Update, 3/29/12

  1. We’re due to visit Big Sur next week, coming from the south. Any recs on how to make it to Pfeiffer State Park? Thanks for your help.

  2. Kate you are the best with updates, so much more informative than any other sites here for Big Sur. Let’s get the road open tomorrow as Big Sur begins to get very busy and we want that. Hugs.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.