25th Annual Jade Festival Postponed

Once again the BIg Sur Jade Festival will need to postpone its date of Oct. 6-8, 2017. Yesterday’s statement by Cal Trans Public Information Officer, Susana Cruz put the opening of the Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge as the middle of October. Since our festival is the first weekend of October we will not have that access which is required for our permit to operate.

We haven’t made a new date, although we’ll be looking at May again. If we choose May, we won’t have the southern access open through Mud Creek and that creates challenges for the porta potties to be delivered as well as many of our volunteers and musicians.

If we choose the following October we expect that the south access of Mud Creek will be open and we’ll be back to a fully open highway.
Mother Nature has her way and anything can happen, as we are well aware of, and we must always defer to her whims but for now, those are our choices. We’ll be making that decision soon and let you know the outcome.

If you have a preference, please let me know.

Lisa Gering