ROAD AND LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED FOR JUNE 17 – JUNE 23
MONTEREY COUNTY – Here are the major scheduled road and lane closures for Monterey County fromSunday, June 17 through Saturday, June 23 – newest information is in red. Please keep in mind that construction work is weather-dependent.
Highway 1 Storm Repair Along the Big Sur Coast
Due to past slides, State Route 1 is now closed at the Ranger Station North Ragged Point Inn and at Mud Creek.
Highway 1 – Carmel: June 18 – June 21
Caltrans will perform highway pavement maintenance on State Route 1 south of Carmel Highlands for four days beginning Monday, June 18. Motorists can expect one-way reversing traffic control from8 am until 2 pm in the following locations:
- Southbound Hwy. 1 at Granite Creek, south of Carmel Highlands on Monday, June 18.
- Northbound Hwy. 1 just north of Garrapata Creek, south of Carmel Highlands on Tuesday, June 19.
- Northbound Hwy. 1 north of Garrapata Creek, south of Carmel Highlands on Wednesday, June 20.
- Northbound Hwy. 1 just south of Granite Creek, south of Carmel Highlands on Thursday, June 21.
There will be electronic message boards alerting the public of these lane closures and traffic control. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) will be present to ensure a safe environment for everyone. Motorists can expect delays not to exceed 10 minutes.
Here is what is happening this week:
- Regular daytime work hours of 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. M-F
- Night work Tuesday (8:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.) and Wednesday (8:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.), June 19th and 20th
Work will include paving Highway 1 between Carmel River Bridge and Carmel Valley Road and the south east corner of Rio Road as well as moving cement barriers to change the traffic flow on Rio Road from the north to south side by Thursday morning
Drivers wishing to avoid the intersection may detour to Carmel Valley Road and Carmel Rancho Boulevard. All business and shopping centers remain open during construction.
Sign up to receive text message alerts by texting Climbinglane to 888777.
Highway 68 – Salinas River: June 18 – June 22
There will be alternating lane closures on eastbound and westbound Highway 68 between Spreckles Blvd and Reservation Road for bridge work. The work will occur from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Mondaythrough Friday.
FOR ALL UPDATES AS THEY ARE RELEASED, GO TO THE TAMC WEBSITE, HERE: