GOLETA, Calif. – Los Padres National Forest officials today announced that campgrounds managed by concessionaire will remain closed through June 14 in an effort to remain consistent with state and local health guidelines that promote safe social distancing and discourage large gatherings.
LOS PADRES NATIONAL FOREST MONTEREY RANGER DISTRICT Forest Order No. 05-07-51-20-12 Developed Campground and Road Closure
Pursuant to 16 USC 551 and 36 CFR 261.50(a) and (b), and to provide for public safety, the following acts are prohibited within the Los Padres National Forest, Monterey Ranger District. This Order is effective from June 2, 2020, through June 14, 2020.
- Entering or using a Developed Recreation Site (campground) managed by Parks Management Company listed below and shown on the attached map.
a. Plaskett Creek
b. Kirk Creek
c. Bottchers Gap
f. Arroyo Seco
g. Memorial Park
i. White Oaks
j. China Camp
36 CFR 261.58(b).
- Being on the National Forest System roads listed below and shown on the attached map.
a. Forest Road No. 22S05 (South Coast Ridge Road)
b. Forest Road No. 23S01 (Los Burros (Willow Creek) Road)
c. Forest Road No. 23S02 (Plaskett Ridge Road)
36 CFR 261.54(e).
Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
- Any Federal, State or local officer, public utilities employee, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
- Owners or lessees of private land are exempt from the prohibitions listed above to the extent necessary to gain access to their land.
- Residents are exempt from the prohibitions listed above to the extent necessary to gain access to their residences.
- Persons with a Forest Permit for Use of Roads, Trails, or Areas Restricted by Regulation or Order, Form FS-7700-48, specifically exempting them from this Order.
These prohibitions are in addition to the general prohibitions in 36 CFR Part 261, Subpart A.
A violation of these prohibitions is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization, or imprisonment for not more than six months, or both.
16 USC 551 and 18 USC 3559, 3571, and 3581. Executed in Goleta, California, this 1st day of June, 2020.
Kevin B. Elliott
Los Padres National Forest