Oh, joy! Yet ANOTHER bicycle event down Highway One. How many does that make this year, or every year, as they seem to be annual events? I’m not against bicycles, just the events that close the highway for stretches.
Today’s Date: Thursday, September 11, 2014
District: 05–Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Monterey, San Benito and Santa
Contact: Jim Shivers or Colin Jones
Phone: (805) 549-3237 or (805) 549-3189
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CALIFORNIA CLASSIC COAST BICYCLE RIDE MOVES THROUGH THE CENTRAL COAST
CENTRAL COAST – The California Classic Coast bicycle ride will arrive on southbound Highway 1 in Santa Cruz County on Saturday Sept. 13. This ride will continue next week in the following locations:
· Hwy. 1 in Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties on Sunday, Sept. 14
· Hwy. 1 near Carmel to Big Sur in Monterey County on Monday, Sept. 15.
· Hwy. 1 from Big Sur to the San Simeon State Park in San Luis Obispo County on Tuesday, Sept. 16.
· Portions of Hwy. 1 between San Simeon State Park and Pismo Beach on Wednesday, Sept. 17.
· Hwy.1 from Pismo Beach to Guadalupe, Hwy. 166 to Santa Maria and Hwy. 246 from Solvang to Buellton on Thursday, Sept. 18.
· Hwy. 246, U.S. Highway 101, State Route 217 and State Route150 in Santa Barbara County on Friday, Sept. 19.
The California Highway Patrol (CHP) will be present to ensure a safe environment for everyone. Electronic Message Boards will be posted alerting motorists to ‘Share the Road’ with cyclists. Motorists can expect delays not to exceed 15 minutes.
Caltrans reminds motorists to be aware of these cyclists and support vehicles. For more information regarding this event, please visit the California Classic Coast website at: http://www.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1087174
For traffic updates on other state highways on the Central Coast motorists can call Caltrans District 5 Public Affairs at (805) 549-3318
Caltrans District 5
Public Information Officer