This one seems to be the same one issued yesterday, as you will note at the end the next update has not been changed, but never-the-less, I will persist in posting it.
SR-1 Full Closure—Ragged Pt (SLO PM 72.87) to the Multi-Agency Facility “MAF”(MON PM 46.35). Recent rains did not change the status.
· Nacimiento-Fergusson Road is now open to the public.
· Public access on Highway 1, using Nacimiento-Fergusson, will be to Gorda (PM 10) to the south, and to Limekiln State Park (PM 20) to the north.
· Friday deliveries: Residents and deliveries will be allowed through at Paul’s Slide and Mud Creek once per week on Fridays between 5:30am – 9:00am, and 5:00pm – 7:30pm. Delivery vehicles are limited to 30 feet in length and up to 50,000 pounds.
· Residents will have access between Ragged Point and Limekiln State Park and from north of Paul’s Slide to just south of Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge between 5:30 am and 7:30 pm. Four gates are closing the roadway overnight at the following locations: 1) south end of Mud Creek (PM 8.8); 2) north end of Mud Creek (PM 8.9); 3) North end of Limekiln Creek Bridge (PM 21.07) and 4) north end of Hermitage wall (PM 22.42).
o Emergency services will have overnight access to the locked gates.
Mud Creek (PM 8.9):
· The roadway continues to deteriorate as slide activity continues daily. Further updates about the ability to pass through this section will be provided as the slide stabilizes.
· For now, resident access will continue to be allowed daily between 5:30 am and 7:30 pm.
Paul’s Slide (PM 21.6):
· As of today, Wednesday, March 22nd , there will be limited access due to major excavation above the roadway; access is limited to 5:30am – 6:00am and 7:00pm – 7:30pm. This will be for a minimum of four to six weeks and we will continually evaluate for opportunities to improve local resident access.
· For the Friday opportunities to resupply, access is limited to vehicles weighing 50,000 lbs., with a maximum vehicle length of 30 feet.
· Work will performed 24/7 as conditions allow, and updates will continue to be provided.
IMPORTANT NOTE – CALTRANS PFEIFFER CYN. BRIDGE (PM 45.5):
· Demolition of the bridge is nearly complete: bridge debris clearing from the canyon began Monday and operations to demolish Span 1 (south side) and clear debris from the canyon continues, as the rain allows. Please stay clear of the area for your own safety and to allow the construction team to work on re-building this vital part of the road.
All business north of the Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge closure are open to the public.
· Due to the nature of the construction activities, access will be subject to change on a regular basis.
· Another update regarding the Highway 1 Big Sur Coast will be provided mid-day on Wednesday, March 22 or sooner if conditions change.
· NOTE: For information on emergency services only (not Caltrans inquiries) for the Big Sur Coast, you may contact Gerry Malais, Mon. Co. OES via email at: email@example.com or Maia Carroll, Mon. Co. OES PIO at firstname.lastname@example.org .