Friday, January 16th:
· Kick-off Dinner at Big Sur Road House. This is always a great way to start the Foragers weekend! Details to come.
· Big Sur Bakery is also doing a dinner to benefit the Big Sur Health Center. Details to come!
· Save the date! More than 10 Monterey County restaurants will be donating a portion of their sales on Friday, January 16th to support the Big Sur Health Center. Details to be announced the week of December 15th.
Saturday, January 17th:
· This year there will be two “Wild Foraging Walk and Talk” – one at Pfeiffer State Park (level beginner) and one through the Big Sur Wilderness (level intermediate), both led by expert foragers. The intermediate hike through the Bug Sur Wilderness will be led by Stephen Copeland of Big Sur Guides and Hiking. Cost per hike $35.00. (Saturday, January 17th 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.)
· “Fungus Face-Off” on the deck at Ventana Inn & Spa. “Fungus Face-Off” on the deck at Ventana Inn & Spa! “Fungus Face-Off” at Ventana Inn & Spa from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm. Cost per person is $60. A friendly competition among some of the area’s notable chefs featuring chanterelles and other fabulous fungi. Celebrity judges include Jim Dodge, Russ Parson, LA Times Food Editor and Wendy Brodie. Attendees also have an opportunity to cast their vote for “People’s Choice”. (Saturday, January 17th 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
· A silent auction full of culinary delights, hotel stays, tickets to explore the area, art and so much more will take place during the food and wine sampling. There will be more than 60 items this year! Purchase raffle tickets for $5 per ticket of $25 for 6 tickets. Enter to win your choice of 7 culinary delights or hotel packages! Raffle package values begin at $200 to $700! Tickets available for purchase at the event.
· Fungus Face Off Chef Partners Announced:
§ The Restaurant at Ventana Inn Executive Chef Paul Corsentino
§ Chef Sean Garrett, Fernwood
§ Chef Johnny DeVivo, Porters in the Forest at Poppy Hills
§ Chef Phillip Burrus, Esalen
§ Chef Tim Wood, Carmel Valley Ranch
§ Kim Solano, Haute Enchilada and Social Club
§ Chef Brenden Esons, Big Sur Roadhouse
§ Chef Tony Baker, Montrio Bistro / Baker’s Bacon
§ The Quail and Olive
· Winery Partners/Brewery
o Alvarado Street Brewery
o Tudor Wines
o Holman Ranch
o Morgan Winery
o Mesa Del Sol Winery
o Comanche Cellars
o Ventana Wines
o McIntyre Vineyards
o Bernardus Lodge
o Dawn’s Dream
o Joullian Vineyards
o Fillipponi Ranch
Celebrity Guest Chefs Stuart Brioza and Nicole Krasinski, Chef Proprietors from State Bird Provisions in San Francisco, California along with Paul Corsentino from Ventana Inn & Spa
BIG SUR, CA — The Big Sur Foragers Festival announces its Grand Celebrity Chef Dinner at Ventana Inn & Spa. The “Foragers Dinner” at the Restaurant at Ventana will be held Saturday, January 17th, 2015 beginning at 6:00 pm. The multi-course dinner, destined to be a memorable feast paired with an incredible wine selection, costs $175.00 per person .
Celebrity Guest Chefs have been announced! Guest Chefs include Stuart Brioza and Nicole Krasinski, Chef Proprietors from State Bird Provisions in San Francisco, California along with Paul Corsentino from Ventana Inn & Spa. Tickets are now on sale at Eventbrite.
Celebrity Guest Chefs
Stuart Brioza and Nicole Krasinski
State Bird Provisions
Sunday, January 18th:
· Morning Brunch at the Big Sur Lodge. The Big Sur Lodge will offer a multi course menu and live music!
· Afternoon “Foragers Kitchen” master cooking class
· Big Sur River Inn will donate a percentage of breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. Details to come.
Big Sur Foragers Festival Media Partner:
About Edible Monterey Bay
Founded in 2011, Edible Monterey Bay produces an award-winning quarterly magazine, a weekly e-newsletter and occasional events that celebrate the local food cultures of Monterey, Santa Cruz and San Benito Counties, season by season. For more information, go to http://www.ediblemontereybay.com or call (831) 298-7117.
Edible Magazine Monterey Bay is this year’s Big Sur Foragers Festival Media Partner.
Follow us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/bigsurforagersfestival for this year’s new event venues or at http://www.bigsurforagersfestival.org.