HIGHWAY 1 UPDATE – Monday, June 5 at 10:30 AM:
PAUL’S SLIDE ON STATE ROUTE 1 REMAINS CLOSED TO EVERYONE THROUGH TOMORROW EVENING, TUESDAY, JUNE 6 BUT WILL RE-OPEN ON WEDNESDAY MORNING, JUNE 7 FOR ITS USUAL ACCESS SCHEDULE TO LOCAL RESIDENTS/DELIVERIES ….WE WILL CONTINUE RE-ASSESSING AND AN UPDATE PROVIDED BY MID-DAY THURSDAY, JUNE 8. (See Update under “Paul’s Slide” for more details.)
STATE ROUTE 1 REMAINS FULLY CLOSED IN BOTH DIRECTIONS AT MUD CREEK DUE TO CONTINUED SLIDE ACTIVITY. DELIVERY VEHICLES AND LOCAL RESIDENTS WILL NEED TO USE NACIMIENTO-FERGUSSON TO EXIT SOUTH OR TO CLEAR THE ACCESS TIMES AT PAUL’S SLIDE.
THE INFORMATION BELOW IS FOR LOCAL RESIDENTS AND DELIVERY VEHICLES ONLY;THE ONLY ACCESS TO THE PUBLIC REMAINS THE SAME AND IS SHOWN IN BRACKETS BELOW.
Paul’s Slide (PM 21.6)— Paul’s Slide (PM 21.6)— REMAINS CLOSED TO EVERYONE THROUGH TOMORROW EVENING, TUESDAY, JUNE 6 BUT WILL RE-OPEN ON WEDNESDAY MORNING, JUNE 7 FOR ITS USUAL ACCESS SCHEDULE TO LOCAL RESIDENTS/DELIVERIES.
IMPORTANT NOTE: THE ROADWAY THROUGH PAUL’S SLIDE CAN CLOSE DOWN AT ANY TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE . CALTRANS NEEDS TO CONTINUE RE-ASSESSING THE SITUATION AND DETERMINE WHETHER LOCAL ACCESS CAN REMAIN THROUGH PAUL’S SLIDE.
· 12:00PM Monday / Wednesday / Friday– A single caravan south and a single caravan north, you must be in line by noon! There may be up to 45 minute delay to clear the road before the opening.
· Delivery vehicles (Restriction is 30 feet maximum length and 50,000 lbs. maximum weight) can now use all access windows 7 days a week.
· Access times for the morning and evening are still the same except for Friday:
5:30AM to 6:00AM and 7:00PM to 7:30PM – Sat.-Thurs.
· Friday’s hours will be shortened to:
5:30AM – 8:00AM and 6:00PM to 7:30PM
· The noon opening will be for PAUL’S SLIDE ONLY, (NOT MUD CREEK); you will need to use Nacimiento-Fergusson Road to exit the coast.
The targeted “public access” date of early July needs to be re-assessed with recent activity, public opening date could be pushed further out.
Finally, another convoy for supplies and equipment to Pfeiffer Bridge is scheduled for Thursday, June 8th from 8 am to 7 pm.
The Thursday convoy will include rock, sand, cement and reinforcing steel. Future convoys will include more of the same, in general, materials and equipment to construct the abutment support and overall construction of the new Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge (PM 45.52).
Cal Trans did not explain what that yellow outline at the bottom of the Sea View Ranch means or is.